Lotus Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Lotus Clinical Research, the safety of our patients, employees and customers remains our highest priority.
In the coming weeks and months, in accordance with public health department guidelines, we will gradually be increasing the number of in-person visits and re-opening studies to enrollment as the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations decline.
We understand there is still anxiety about going anywhere while COVID-19 remains in the community. That’s why we’ve taken a number of steps to ensure you are safe with us:
- All patients will be asked about possible COVID-19 symptoms before coming into the clinic and again upon arrival.
- If you have any symptoms concerning for COVID-19 (including recent fever, chills, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, runny nose, loss of taste or smell ) or were in contact with anyone that has symptoms, you will be instructed to seek medical care and delay your clinic visit.
- All patients coming into the clinic will be provided with a mask to wear while they are here and have their temperature taken. All staff will undergo the same screening.
- Our clinical spaces have been upgraded with Plexiglas barriers at check-in and floor markings to ensure proper distancing.
- We have employed a full time dedicated environmental services staff using high grade disinfecting agents to clean all clinic and office space on an ongoing basis, including between each patient visit.
- We have extended our office hours to allow for increased spacing of clinic visits. This means fewer patients are in the clinic at any one time and allows for staggering of staff schedules to maximize everyone’s safety.
- All staff are trained on the most recent health department guidelines that impact your care and safety regarding the use of all recommended PPE, hand washing, distancing and self-quarantining when warranted.
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Please be assured that our staff is in continuous communication and reevaluating our practices as new information is released from public health agencies. Each and every member of the Lotus family takes pride in the role we play in ensuring your safety. We truly appreciate your trust and cooperation as we move forward with important clinic trials that can help society in the near future.
We recommend that patients monitor the latest COVID-19 information from the following sites: